I remember the days when I looked forward to turning the clocks back to get that extra hour of sleep and how the entire week after you had a little spring in your step. Well this year was a little different, in a very painful way. Nicholas decided that not only was he going to ignore what time it actually was (waking up and wanting company at 4am), but he also decided to skip naps during the day. Or take a 25 minute cat nap, which is such a tease. That is fine and dandy except that when he doesn't nap I don't get to use the computer, shower, eat or think straight. I took the advice of "nap when he naps" very seriously last week, only in my case it was more "pass out when he naps". I have no idea how or why adjusting the clocks one hour throws a baby's internal clock off so much, but one whole week later we are back to normal - he is sleeping like a baby again and I feel like a normal person again.
Yes, we are indeed sleeping on the floor here..."whatever works" is my new motto.
No comments:
Post a Comment